The fishing community of Prampram, in the Greater Accra Region, is home to the ruins of Fort Vernon. A small English trading fort, Fort Vernon was built in 1742, out of some of the cheapest materials – rough stones and swish. It was abandoned approximately in 1816, whence it fell into ruins.
Restoration works were supposedly carried out in the 1970s, and the fort subsequently served as a rest house for a period of time.
2 Barnes Road, Adabraka, Accra
P.O. Box GP 3343, Accra
Telephone: +233-302 221633/221635
Fax: +233-302 222401
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org